Tuesday 21 April 2015

automatic_sketching

I've found a new iPhone app that turns your photograph into an automatic sketch.  Like this....
....and this....
....and this.
Incredible!!
Not sure what I'll do with my automatic sketches....praps I'll get a few printed up and assemble a window collage of them.

I saw these air plants up at a local bromeliad show.  They absolutely stopped me in my tracks!!

Architectural,  easy to grow and in colours that I want for our new townhouse garden....green, black and white.

I'm planning a mass planting of them down the side fence and garden.....could look interesting I think!
Anyway, I'm off to the local garden centre now.....for some Cousin It....and maybe some automatic sketching!
Ciao

Robyn

You may also like http://parisallons-y.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/summer-dahlias.html


8 comments:

  1. Hi, Robyn! It's fascinating what that app can do to an image. I like the result! When I worked in television production decades ago there was considerable excitement when our station acquired the latest whistles and bells for video enhancement. Your pictures remind me of the posterization and cartooning effects that I used in many of my commercials and music videos. I can't wait to see your townhouse garden with an artistic arrangement of bromeliads. (Keep your frisky pup Xiu Xiu out of them! :)

    Thank you very much, Robyn, for the interesting and thoughtful comments you left on my blog for 103 year old Margaret. The "comment shower" was a smashing success thanks to kind and considerate friends like you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pleasure to leave comments for Margaret Shady. What an amazing life she has had to date. I do hope her birthday party was a smashing success and that she enjoyed her tribute and comments!

      Yes, I'm keen to get that side garden planted Shady....though I must admit we are in our Autumn and one isn't supposed to be planting much in Autumn. But with our Autumn temperatures of late around 22 - 26 degrees I guess it'll be OK to plant things for a bit. So, hopefully in a few weeks I'll be able to post some images of our new humble abode!! Can't wait! Downsizing was a big step but we are so pleased that we did. And little Xiu Xiu has added a whole new dimension!!!!

      Ciao

      Robyn

      Delete
  2. amazing app + love how they look xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peggy. I think it produces fabulous black + white images.....so a window collage of them should look great! When I've done it, I'll post a pic.

      Ciao

      R

      Delete
  3. Oh WOW Robyn.....an amazing app.....your pics look fantastic & the plans for your new garden sound divine......I know that you Peter and little Xiu Xiu will be as happy as larry!!!! (whoever he is) ...don't envy you the move though...Jude

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I hope that this will be the last move Jude. Can't wait to unpack all those boxes!!!

      Ciao

      R

      Delete
  4. That automatic sketching is pretty amazing... and your air plants are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna....How are you?

      Yes, I adore air plants. Very architectural and gorgeous to sketch (by hand)!

      Ciao

      R

      Delete