Wednesday 8 April 2015

Under My Thumb

Woof!  Woof!  How are you?

Let me introduce myself.

My name is Xiu Xiu and I'm a red griffon bruxellois.

My family hail from Brussels, Belgium.

It'a a great little country, the home of Magritte, linen, lace and the best chocolates.
My cousin in Brussels, that bearded griffon on the left back wall below, had his portrait painted by someone famous.
Mummy's got lots of portraits of me too.
"The Royal One"
"Under My Thumb"
"Little Monkey"
Mummy's got some lovely Belgian lace like these curtains and she's going to make me a winter coat with a lace collar.  I know I'll like it.  

I like lots and lots of things..... like digging.....and fetching.....and exploring.....and, of course, chasing mummy and daddy.

I like treats too....not Belgian chocolates though.....chocolate's not to my canine taste thank you.
I prefer a delicious pig's ear…….so yummy!
I'm still finding my way though.  There's so much to learn when you're little.
I'm still looking for my perfect spot in the sun.  This little chap above has a good one.  
I love jumping in the leaves too....but mummy's not keen on me chewing them.  Sometimes, when I chew the leaves, she says, "Xiu Xiu you're a little monkey!"
After my morning playtime, I like sitting on the sofa with mummy for a cosy cuddle.

Anyway, it's time for my afternoon nap now....and then mummy's going to take me for a little walk....and then it's Din Dins....my favourite time!
Woof!  Woof!  Bye-bye!

16 comments:

  1. Is that little rascal your new puppy dog, Robyn? He's adorable! I never heard of his breed and never laid eyes on one before now. Although Xiu Xiu seems to be glaring at the camera in these shots, I think he loves the attention. His expressions are priceless. What a lucky little guy to have such a nice mummy and such a good life there in Brisbane. It will soon be two years since I lost my Toto. Seeing pictures of a happy, frisky dog like yours helps to fill that void. I hope you share pictures of him often.

    I hope you're having a fine day, dear friend Robyn. Take care and I'll be connecting with you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently Shady, griffons were once used to hunt rats in Belgium!

    And do you remember the little pooch in Jack Nicholson's movie "As Good As it Gets"? When I saw the film I was enchanted by the little dog with the gruff expression....and so was Jack as I recall.

    Yes, he looks a little fierce doesn't he.....but really he's a cutie pie! Lots to learn yet....and he's being soooo good. He certainly knows the way to a girl's heart!

    Sorry to hear about your Toto....they're wonderful companions Shady. Maybe time for another little pooch in your new abode?

    As always, thanks for visiting Shady.

    Ciao

    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention that my Toto was fond of chewing on pig ears. She was a grouchy girl, typical of the breed, but we loved her and miss her.

      Delete
    2. Pig ears for Xiu Xiu is like dinner at Le Meurice in Paris!!!!!!!!!!! Adores them!

      Delete
  3. j'aime cet race de chien... adorable et plein de personnalité... un chien qui a du chien!!!!!! bises du sud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci beaucoup Elfi. Oui, Xiu Xiu est adorable.

      Ciao

      Robyn

      Delete
  4. he is adorable + so lucky to have you & you to have him. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peggy....and he has me completely and utterly under his thumb/paw!

      Ciao

      R

      Delete
  5. je suis revenue pour revoir ton trésor et pour le montrer à des amis... biz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Superbe Elfi! Oui s'il vous plait. Vos amis comme/adore lui???

      R

      Delete
  6. My Goodness Robyn, Xiu Xiu is such a cutie......You and Peter must be over the moon with this sweet little one......I can see one spoilt little griffon here......and lots of fun days ahead.....His little bed looks rather glam and comfy too.......Lots of cuddles to little Xiu Xiu from Aunty Jude

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a great blog Xiu Xiu. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woof! Woof! William. Mummy thinks I'm a good boy too!

      Ciao,

      XX

      Delete
  8. What an adorable petit chien! He is going to get so spoiled – I can see it from here! I am not sure, but by the picture he looks smaller than my cat – un tout petit toutou!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes dear Vagabonde....I do suspect that my adorable petit chien may get a little spoiled. Your tout petit toutou looks very cute too....and a similar colour to Xiu Xiu.

      Xiu Xiu has already got us under his thumb/paw and we are loving it.

      He is exploring and learning each day....and this is such a delight for us.

      Thank you for your visit once again...and I look forward to your next blog post.

      Ciao

      R

      Delete