Sunday 30 December 2012

And So....Adieu, Adieu

And so adieu, adieu 2012...it seems the year has raced by in a flash.

Living in Paris for the past 9 months...and what a dream it's been.  A little window of opportunity opened...and Pierre and I flew away to Paris.  No regrets.
The beauty of Paris was just plain dreamy.  We lived a Parisian life.  Travelled a bit too...saw places and things I never dreamt we'd see.  So good to explore it with someone you always want to be with...forever.
I collaged...made glorious messes...took art workshops...spoke a little French with the locals...braved Le Metro...explored my favourite places over and over...spent perfect Paris days with Pierre...met our trés gentile Parisian neighbours, Dominic et Marie Françoise...and enjoyed many a rendez-vous with Even, my local quartier fleuriste...what a beautiful bounty of blossoms he keeps.
Back from Even's.
Roof-top cascade of iridescent bubbles...rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré.
Shelter from the rain...rue Saint-Honoré.
Away from the madding crowd...rue du Pont Louis-Philippe.
Pondering the meaning of life...at les philosophes, rue Vielle de Temple.
Buren's brilliance...courtyard, Palais Royal.
I blogged...over and over...100 posts!  I wanted to share our Parisian adventure with you.
So today...Paris Rendez-vous is officially 1 year old!

And this is my 100th, and final post for Paris Rendez-vous.  That's a grand number to end on I think!

A million merci beaucoup tout le monde for following my blog.  I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I've loved sharing it with you.

Very much appreciated your comments and emails too.  So kind of you to send them to me. They were always a joy to receive.

So...adieu, adieu tout le monde...I sincerely hope your 2013 is filled with good health, people you love, lots and lots of happiness...and especially, Paris.
Bonne Année 2013
Adieu et Au Revoir 
from Paris Rendez-vous
And here's that very first post....exactly 1 year ago today:
http://parisallons-y.blogspot.fr/2012/01/just-beginning.html

10 comments:

  1. Wow how wonderful to be able to live there for 9 months, so fab :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thank you for taking us along on your adventures Peggy,
    I'm so glad we're blog friends and can't wait to see what the new year brings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning photos, Here's to you & yours in the New Year 2013! xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robyn, Your blog has been a fabulous experience for us too. I will really miss it. You have given us a wonderful 12 month journey to places and sights and all things French. Your eye for the perfect shot has been a joy!

    Thanks to you and Peter.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you coming back to Brisbane now...it is very hot. I will be leaving for Italy on 16th January.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, Robyn, what will we do without you? What are your plans now, will you be returning to Brisbane? I do hope you let me know what your new blog will be. You have introduced us to such wonderful Parisian sights. I will miss my visits with you.

    I hope 2013 is magical for you!
    Much love.
    Di
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merci Robyn & Pierre for sharing your wonderful experiences. Will certainly miss my weekly glimpse of Paris and beyond. Have a wonderful 2013. I know that you will turn 2013 into a creative and rewarding experience. Merci, merci, merci & A bientot. Jude

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no Robyn ..... so soon to end this joyful journey that i have followed with your eyes..... your blog has been a total delight .... maybe we will meet in Bris .... at some gallery .... will you be the one with the camera ? .... welcome back ... Lili

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful opportunity - thank you so much for taking me along with you it has been so inspiring - all those spectacular photos documented for us all to see on your Paris Rendez-vous. I guess its a little sad to leave but assume you will let us into your plans for future advenutes all in good time. I have thoroughly enjoyed your blog and hope to follow you again in the next chapter.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Miss you honey! Have sent you an email. Let me know if you don't get it.
    Di
    Xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete