Sunday 18 January 2015

Looking Up, Looking Down


We were heading to the cinema to escape the heat.

We got there and every man and his dog was there!!  Sold out, the attendant told us!

What to do?

We headed for a secret beach, close to home, down by the Brisbane River.

Just strolled, lolled and mucked about.........and C - O - O - L.

I looked up, I looked down and I looked around........sooooo much better than the cinema!
Look...up in the sky....is it a bird, is it a plane...yes, it is!
Magnificent gums.
I wonder if there are bears (a.k.a. koalas) in those trees?
Must remember to use a dramatic slash of yellow
in a drawing sometime.  I think it looks bold and refreshing.
There's something enticing about this little shadowy spot.
Think I'll have a picnic under these natural arches soon.
Creative entanglements....great lines.
Imperfect perfection don't you think.
Now what's that?
Somebody got their fishing line all caught up and it ended up in the sky.
Beach treasure....caskets and caskets of it.
Sandy beach collages everywhere.
Little Zen sandy creations.
Dusty pinks, teals and golden russet chips...beautiful colours, textures and contrasts.
Like 3 sisters holding firm!
Sister I
Sister II
Sister III
River breezes....warm salty air....deserted beach....totally relaxed.
I plonked under the tree and had a little nap.  Delicious!
Thank heavens that cinema was sold out!!!!!
Ciao

Robyn

P.S.  I wonder what type of collages I'll do next?
Do you think 'sandy beach collages' could be an option?

Related post:
http://parisallons-y.blogspot.com.au/2014/12/just-breathe.html

13 comments:

  1. Robyn, that little spot oozes cool. So many lovely little compositions. Please invite me on your picnic. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a date Flora. You bring the strawberries...and I'll bring the cream!

      Ciao

      R

      Delete
  2. Robyn, that places reminds me of a beach in Fla. + images are stunning + glad they were sold out at the cinema. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Peggy. So much better than looking at a screen in a dark room with a zillion other strangers. We connected to our gorgeous planet Peggy....and kept deliciously cool.

      Ciao

      R

      Delete
  3. Lovely! I didn't think there were any cool spots around lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is this your second visit 'unknown'? So glad you've come back a second time to have a look at my little blog. Is that you Susan?

      And yes they're around....just have to look up, and down, and all around.

      Ciao

      R

      Delete
  4. Much much better than the cinema - so glad you couldn't get in, look what we would have missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there MV....you wouldn't believe how people have said that to me.

      In fact, THAT was exactly my comment to the hubster!!! We couldn't believe how beautiful it was....and had never visited before. Just goes to show you, we all have such a great tendency to take our own 'backyards' for granted....and it's all here!!!!!! No need to rush anyway....just look up, and down, and around...and you'll find it!

      Ciao

      R

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. Robyn, your visit to that part of Bris looks incredible! How lovely that you stopped by my blog to say hello today. One of my closest friends happens to also live in QLD w/ her husband. What a small world!!! Anyway, your photoessay here is just stunning. I also work w/ digital photography in addition to my jewelry, so I can appreciate all those wonderful images you captured during the horrible heat waves you all have been experiencing lately. That photo of the tree branches meandering up and across in that pattern is my fav one of your collection here. Could you imagine a collage or a printmaking piece based on that?! Enjoying your blog lots!! Cheers, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patricia....thanks so much. Yes there'll be plenty of collages and drawings emanating from this perfect little spot. Have just commenced some new works....inspired by my secret sandy spot....little box collages which I'm loving. I'll post them soon....so that everyone can have a squizz. A small world isn't it! So...Patricia...when are you coming over to visit your friend? I'd happily introduce you both to this gorgeous spot!

      Ciao and looking forward to following 'artdoesmatter' Patricia.

      Ciao

      Robyn

      Delete
  6. Gosh Robyn that is a Bit of Paradise!!! How lucky are you to have that little secret spot close by.....so much inspiration....thanks for sharing it.....you cannot beat a shady tree (especially if there is water close by) to escape Queensland's summer heat....your picnic sounds fun...Jude

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jude...it's incredible. I never knew it was here...and it's just so lovely. Sitting under that tree on the beach....watching a man fish in a little boat just in front of me....too good!!

      Ciao

      R

      Delete