It's just under 9 weeks and still so much to prepare.
Actually I've been delaying the inevitable with this blog..........a good excuse not to do the packing I think........but now it's time to knuckle down and get things done.
Here's a shorlist of the jobbies (not in order of importance) that I've yet to complete:
1. Pack everything for storage - approx. 20 boxes already packed.......but there'll be double this I'm sure.
3. Learn French...only joking! I've been taking a couple of courses with Alliance Francais here in Brisbane....so hopefully, with this grounding, I'll be able to make my reservations at Le Meurice and ask "Mon dieu, c'est combien?" I'm also OK at "Je suis australienne........je m'appelle Robyn" but not much else malheureusement!
4. Pack for Paris........well, I like to travel light....but not for an extended period - a girl has to have her coats, boots, scarves, hats for Paris and, of course, Pierre will want to take his stuff too. So I'm going to organise Fedex to deliver 100kg for us. Then there's all my art 'stuff' (journals, crayons, inks, etching plates, brushes, pencils, wax seals, xuan paper etc etc) that I'll be taking to Paris.
6. Check that passports, other documents and reservations are in order.
7. Find the perfect passport wallet. Any suggestions?
8. Sell our Tigra gris.
|Our little silver convertible Tigra is up for sale.|
10. Buy a new laptop and install Skype. L'appartement in Paris provides free internet and phone calls back to Australia so we'll easily be able to keep in contact with family and friends.
So.........as you can see, quite a few little things to take care of in the next 9 weeks. Oh.......and of course, I have to do some printing and take a workshop before I leave Australia. My wonderful addiction needs a couple of fixes before I leave!
Now.......as I'm going to be a little busy for the next 9 weeks, I'll probably post just once a week on the blog.............but, hopefully, when I'm settled in Paris I'll extend on this and do more regular Parisian posts (and I've already got a few exquisite ateliers, exhibitions, wine bars and restaurants to tell you about.)
You may also like my post on: